Dr. Mathieu Renaud
ContactSend mailTel. +41 (0) 21 693 6561
GR B0 391
EPFL ENAC IIE-GE
Tasks at the Ecotox Centre
- Organisation and implementation of various activities and projects in soil ecotoxicology
- Planning, implementation of and assistance in continuing education courses
- Interaction with stakeholders
Areas of Expertise
- Soil ecotoxicology
- Environmental risk assessment for the soil compartment
- Particular interest in soil invertebrate community responses to environmental contamination
Scientist in soil ecotoxicology at the Ecotox Centre
2015 - 2021
Doctorate in biological sciences – University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal, Thesis: Increasing the ecological relevance of the effects of metal mixtures in soil.
2013 - 2015
Researcher – U. Coimbra, Project: ResOrgRisk - Assessing the environmental risk of organic wastes as agricultural amendments.
2010 - 2012
Masters in Science – University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal, Thesis: Using avoidance assays as a tool to predict the recolonization potential of contaminated sites.
Bachelor degree in Biology – University of Madeira, Funchal, Portugal