Dr. Benoît Ferrari
ContactSend mailTel. +41 (0) 21 693 5993 / +41 (0) 58 765 5373
GR B0 392
EPFL ENAC IIE-GE
Tasks at the Ecotox Centre
- Strategic and operative management of the Centre
- Planning, supervision and implementation of applied research projects in sediment and soil ecotoxicology
- Planning, implementation of and teaching in continuing education courses
Areas of Expertise
- Development of exposure and effect indicators for evaluating chemical stress
- Integration of such indicators in laboratory- and field-based approaches for assessing the quality of aquatic ecosystems
- Development of adapted bioassays for active biomonitoring
- Transfer of such ecotoxicological tools and approaches to end users
since sept 2019
Interim Director of the Ecotox Centre
2013 - 2019
Group leader for sediment and soil ecotoxicology at the Ecotox Centre.
2008 - 2013
Invited researcher: Irstea (Cemagref), UR Aquatic environments, Ecology and Pollution, Lyon, France. Assessment of the quality of ecosystems, active biomonitoring
2002 - 2008
Assistant: University of Geneva. In charge of the development of the ecotoxicology laboratory at Institut F.-A- Forel.
2000 - 2002
Engineer of research: Irstea (Cemagref), Freshwater Ecosystems Biology Unit, Lyon, France. Environmental risk assessment of pharmaceuticals.
1996 - 2000
Dissertation: Université de Metz, France, UR Ecotoxicité, Biodiversité, Santé Environnementale. Evaluation of the ecocompatibility of wastes: Ecotoxicological approach.
1995 - 1996
Scientific collaborator: Université de Metz, France. Literature review on the state of the art of the ecotoxicological evaluation of wastes.