Dr. Carmen Casado-Martinez
Tasks at the Ecotox Centre
- Evaluation and optimisation of standards and guidelines for ecotoxicological tests with sediments
- Planning, implementation of and assistance in continuing education courses
- Organisation and implementation of various activities and projects in sediment ecotoxicology
Areas of Expertise
- Development and standardisation of environmental quality guidelines for the assessment of contaminated sediments: ecotoxicological tests, bioaccumulation, application of sediment quality guidelines.
- Trace metal biology in benthic invertebrates: bioaccumulation, ecotoxicology.
Sediment and Soil Ecotoxicology, Interim Group Leader
Scientist in sediment ecotoxicology at the Ecotox Centre
Researcher: University of Tromsø (Norway). Project: EWMA, Environmental Waste Management. Institute for Arctic and Marine Biology, Faculty of Biosciences, Fisheries and Economics.
2007 - 2010
Postdoctoral researcher: Natural History Museum (United Kingdom). Project: “Biodynamic modelling of toxic metal accumulation by the lugworm Arenicola marina, a keynote deposit feeding polychaete in European estuaries: ecotoxicological and regulatory implications”. Zoology department (Trace metal biology research group).
2002 - 2006
Doctoral Thesis: University of Cadiz, Spain. Title: “Development of an integrated assessment framework for dredged material characterisation and management in Spain”. Physical-Chemistry Department (Littoral oceanography and contamination research group).
1996 - 2002
Diploma in Marine Sciences: University of Cadiz, Spain.